Blessings Beloved Upper Room Family,
Here are our announcements for November 1, 2014 and see below for our worship program:
- Praise God for a successful Fall Festival. Our next Small Group Evangelism will be on November 8, 2014. This will be our Friendship Sabbath so please invite your friends and family to join us for this Sabbath of Worship, fellowship, and food. Sabbath School starts at 10:30 am in the Fellowship Hall and Main Worship will be at 11:30am in the Main Sanctuary. A potluck fellowship will follow.
- We ask that you all keep December 6, 2014, our Faith Date Celebration in your prayers. We have been blessed to have 4 candidates and 1 who may be interested in taking the personal steps to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior through baptism or profession of faith. We know that this is a big decision for them and so let us ask the Lord to continue to reveal His loving kindness and mercy to them.
- Pastor Kevin is having a Sabbath School classes at 10:30am for all who are interested in baptismal classes. The classes are upstairs in his office. If you are interested or know someone who is, please let them know about this special class.
- Calling all Hungry Souls! On December 13 2014, Hungry Souls will be meeting to plan for next year’s events. Please join us for outreach planning and fellowship with God with your brothers and food! Location and time will be announced later.
- Please save-the-date of December 20, 2014! We will be having our end of the year Christmas/New Year party. Time and location will be announced later.
Here is our Worship Program for November 1, 2014:
Announcements: Joyce Kim
Praise Worship: Praise Team
Opening Song: Forever Reign
Welcome: Julie Kim
Garden of Prayer: Steven Kim
Offering: Martin Youk
Ushers: Ethan & Joshua Kim
Scripture: Jacob Ahn
“Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”
Sermon: Pastor Kevin Camato
“Following God’s Direction”
Open Forum: Gene Yu
Closing Song: Follow You
Closing Prayer: Pastor Kevin Camato
Finally, I want to praise God for such a blessed Fall Festival that we had last Sabbath afternoon. I want to thank Joe Lee for providing San Gabriel Academy for our use. It was perfect. I want to thank Tommy Kim for being such a great emcee. And especially each of our small group members that came to support and represent. As I have shared with many of you, Gerlynne and I were able to sit back, relax, and have fun. Just from the amazing turn out and response of everyone I know the Lord is blessing Upper Room Fellowship as we continue to follow His calling of becoming and making more disciples. With one event done, we have two more events to go and I pray that each of you, whether in a small group or just a part of our emails will pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Upper Room Fellowship as we continue to study, outreach, and fellowship in the Lord.
May the Lord richly bless each of you and hope we will see you all this Sabbath.