I pray that you all have had a blessed week. We are now in full swing of our 6 weeks of prayer Small Group sessions and this Sabbath will be our first outreach event! Each of our groups have planned out games, food, prizes and are ready to share with friends, family and the community, what Upper Room Fellowship is all about. As I have shared with most of our small groups, this outreach is not for us to gain numbers but to be previewed by our guests on a personal, casual and relational level. That through love and prayer they too will grow in a deeper relationship and discipleship with Jesus Christ and not be bombarded with Christian language or forceful membership transfers. This is what the church is all about, the business of making Disciples of Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. So I pray that where ever you are this Sabbath, that you will either join us or keep us in your prayers as we fellowship and minister through Love for the cause of Christ.
Here is our Worship Program for October 25, 2014:
Announcements: Ed Shim
Praise Worship: Praise Team
Opening Song: Make Us A Prayer
Welcome: Doug Baek
Garden of Prayer: John Ro
Offering: Eric Lee
Ushers: Jr. Deacons
Scripture: Jacob Ahn
“But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise, for He has been good to me.”
Sermon: Pastor Kevin Camato
“How Prayer Works”
Open Forum: Jane Chun
Closing Song: Change My Heart Of God
Closing Prayer: Pastor Kevin Camato
- This Sabbath will be our first bi-annual Small Group Evangelism. We will be having a Fall Festival at San Gabriel Academy from 5:00-8:00pm. We pray that you have invited your friends, which the Lord has impressed upon each of you pray to invite. We will be heading over to San Gabriel at 3:00pm to start setting up. Also don’t forget to invite your friends to our special November 8 Friendship Sabbath. Don’t miss out!
- December 6, 2014 is our Faith Date Celebration. We have been blessed to have 2 candidates and 2 more who are interested in taking the personal steps to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior through baptism or profession of faith. Please continue to pray for the Lord’s leading in the hearts of those who want to give their lives to Him.
- Pastor Kevin will be holding Sabbath School classes at 10:30am for anyone interested in taking a step towards baptism. The first class will be this Sabbath. If you are interested or know someone who is, please let them know about this special class.
- Pastor Kevin and Gerlynne would like to continue planning visitations with each of our Upper Room Fellowship families. Please contact Pastor Kevin or Gerlynne to set-up your visitation.
- Calling all Hungry Souls! On December 13 2014, Hungry Souls will be meeting to plan for next years events. Please join us for outreaching planning, fellowship with God and your brothers and food! Location and time will be announced later.
- Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our website, http://www.urf.org/to get the latest updates of what is happening with our church.
Have a blessed weekend.